It’s a good thing I can put on a smiley face for a selfie. This day has sucked. So hardcore. Like if someone has the secret to giving me a break in all aspects of life now is the time to share it. I slept awfully last night and boy do I function terribly on little sleep. Every single one of my students had moments or meltdowns for whatever reason. Yes, kiddlywink, we’re all tired but it doesn’t mean you can pinch my arms to pieces. And on top of it all I woke up this morning post run last night with pains basically everywhere down my left side. Shoulder, knee and my hip which hasn’t hurt since 2011. Awesome. Very luckily already had an appointment with my Physio this afternoon. So I’m now strapped in every possible place and under strict instructions to rest because if my shoulder isn’t better by next Wednesday I have to get an ultrasound. Just what I want in my life.
The positive that comes out of this situation is that because everything hurt I had to wear clothing that could expose my everything to my Physio. And you know what. I’m not back to the runners weightlifting body I had but the cellulite on my legs is disappearing and being replaced with muscles and I’m pretty freaking happy about that. Also not eating junk food does wonders for bloating and skin quality WHO WOULDA THOUGHT IT. Whingey ramble over.
Kicking goals and taking names over here. I left work reasonably early this afternoon because my mum was having foot surgery and I wanted to go visit. But then as hospitals go she hadn’t even gone in by the time I was home from work so I thought I’d use my time wisely.
5ish kilometres in 37ish minutes. My Garmin was out of battery and run keeper was doing some funky weird things. Seriously cannot even describe how happy I get every single time I get to go for a run. Grins from ear to ear.
My shoulder is still causing me a bit of grief when running but I worked through it and am seeing my Physio tomorrow. My knee is going exceptionally well. I had to walk on the big hills but that ain’t no thang. AND I managed two quite lengthly phone call conversations while I continued on running. Today has been a super a+ success!
Are these not two of the most beautiful works of healthy food art you have ever seen?
My personal trainer has got a better job offer for a managing/training role at a different gym which means she is leaving my gym. And she is taking my gym buddies with her. I would do the same thing in a heartbeat, but because I won the 8 week challenge I have free gym til August of next year. So clearly I’m not switching. But my gym community that I love no longer is going to exist and I’m going to have to build it up again.
Tonight was our last night training all together at our current gym so we made our personal trainer a cake. We didn’t feel right giving a fitness fanatic a chocolate mud cake so we went for a fruit cake and it was so beautiful and adorable and refreshing post workout.
Then we all went out for dinner and I ate half a chicken and an entire iceberg lettuce. Biggest salad ever. I was pretty devo to order it without the tortilla bowl, but I’m really trying to make better choices. I’m not being restrictive, i’m not being controlling I’m just doing what I know is right for me and my body. Feels good. Feels really good.
I came home from my wedding weekend away to see this inspirational message from my roomie on the back of our front door. And that really reinforced my thoughts that I had been having all the way home that I really need to (once again) get my shit together.
Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Knee pain, shoulder pain, poor eating habits, stress, sore muscles, tiredness, meetings at work, wanting to sit on the couch? None of them are excuses I want to accept. My goals for the week are to train smarter, eat wiser, sleep greater and smile wider. I’ve got this.
- so bloody glad it’s Thursday. It’s basically Friday which means the weekend is basically here. Solid logic.
- my shoulder wasn’t getting any better so I saw my Physio about it. I’m still getting too much pain to properly diagnose it but she thinks that my shoulder tendon and muscle are being impinged by the joint bit. So my shoulder isn’t sitting properly in the socket. It’s surprisingly visible how out of place it is. Hopefully some exercises, taping and rest fix it.
- my shoulder was so sore last night that we pretended our house was a hair salon and my housemate washed my hair for me because I can’t keep my arm up in the air for any significant amount of time. You know you’ve found the worlds best roomie when they do that with no hesitations.
- a message to the boys of the world: stop playing texting games. Either text me or don’t but don’t play the waiting game and make sure enough time has passed before replying.
- I managed to do group PT last night completely modified to avoid anything upper body or movement associated. My abs hurt so bad today. So bad.
- one of my bestest work friends is getting married this weekend. My emotions already can’t even deal.
Enthusiastic about running, teaching, crossfit, knitting, napping and baking. Sometimes even in that order. Currently recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery.
If you know me in real life, please message me.