- I feel like it’s been way too long since we’ve chatted.
- 25 minutes of treadmill running tonight! My chest has still not recovered completely from the cold of doom a couple of weeks ago and breathing while running is kind of super hard.
- I got new running tights and they are great. About time I found a good pair. Running tights these days just aren’t what they used to be.
- I miss my half marathon running body. I know I’ll get back to it eventually but I miss it so much. Like leg muscles come back please and stomach fat be gone
- I’ve made some pretty massive career decisions and moves in the last two weeks. I don’t want to say specifics because clearly that would jinx it but it’s exciting. And I’m equally excited and completely fucking terrified of the future. Big news to come.
- we were practicing writing “I like…” sentences in class today and a kid suggested that the sentence I could say is “I like to run.” Nawwww kiddlywinks you know me so well
- speaking of running and school. Our school fun run which I am co-organising is happening in exactly a week. Hello stress. But we got the medals in today and they are so brilliant I want to cry.
- speaking of crying. So many people I know are engaged and getting married and I am so happy for them that I spontaneously burst into tears when I am around them. CONTROL YOURSELF.
- today on assembly one of my students who wouldn’t talk to even me at the start of the year grabbed the microphone off me and talked to the whole school. That right there is why I do what I do.
- guys how good are burritos!!? Seriously.
I lost my old fitbit, I lost my receipt for my fitbit, I lost the box for my fitbit. And fitbit sent me a replacement free of charge from the kindness of their hearts. I even got to choose a new colour. A+ customer service!!
I did the above workout in 34 minutes and it was so hard. So hard!!!!! Done in three rounds with changing reps for each round. I did it with my PT and two other gym buddies and it just made me so happy that I have exercise friends! Then we went out for sushi and I was even more happy. It took me a good hour to stop dying in a puddle of my own sweat. Knock on wood but I think I am now basically over my cold of doom. Got told my butt was looking good twice tonight. Not even creepy. Thanks running. Life is good this week.
Happy Monday! This week is going to be great. This week is going to be great. This week is going to be great. If I repeat it enough times it just has to be true. I am feeling massive amounts of muscle pain from my workouts on Saturday and Sunday and that makes me so bloody happy. Since being sick my life has really been missing this. I’m hoping that being able to exercise again will lift the bad mood cloud that has been surrounding me. I’m pretty devastated in not still in bed. It’s mega windy and freezing. But at least I have great hair, right?! Right. Market trip yesterday means I have beautiful fruit and veggie to snack on today. Positive life choices today will include not buying any chocolates from the staff room fridge. Baby steps. Good chat.
- I’m really just not in a good place mentally at the moment. I don’t even really know why but I just feel crappy, a bit sad and withdrawn.
- then I feel stressed because I feel like my shitty mood will have a negative impact on the relationships with those around me. Just trying to remind myself that I don’t have to be the positive one all the time.
- good news story. Went to the gym last night rather than drinking wine to deal with my emotions. A+ stress relief.
- bad news story. My brain had a panic attack at what I looked like in the gym mirrors which wasn’t great.
- but I took it in my stride and woke up this morning determined to make a positive change to my health. Particularly eating and exercise wise.
- so I went to the markets and bought delicious cheap fruit and veggie for the week ahead. I know that if I have healthy snacks in the house I’ll eat them so I got healthy snacks. Good job.
- I made a green smoothie at home for the first time ever which is a bit exciting. I wouldn’t want it to regularly be a replacement for a meal or anything but hot damn it was delicious.
- I didn’t get to climb the nearby mountain last weekend so as long as my roomie gets back home early enough it’s happening this afternoon.
- in the meantime I might go and lift some more heavy things at the gym because being alone with my thoughts while I laze on the couch just isn’t cutting it for me at the moment.
- it’s a public holiday here today which means I got to go for a run in the afternoon at a reasonable hour. So I went up a super scenic road I drive down almost every day. I am such a sucker for a good view.
- I ran! Which is great. It’s the first time in a week and a half due to the cold of death. Turns out my sinuses and lungs aren’t quite on board with the whole over exerting myself thing yet. No good.
- I don’t feel like a proper runner again since surgery but today I busted out my Garmin and my roadID. Maybe if I look the part I’ll feel it again.
- having a pretty bad body image day. I feel..fluffier? And I don’t really know why. That’s not great.
- I got a makeup makeover at the body shop today. I’m super blessed with face skin that does nothing ever except get dry in winter. But it doesn’t mean I shouldn’t look after it. So that involves stopping using cheap chemist makeup that clogs my face. Moisturizing makeup is now in my life. Plus it’s SPF30 foundation. That’s great.
- I feel like to get better I need to treat the whole me better. Working on it.
- when buying an engagement gift for a friend today the sales lady and I were talking about how I’m at the age where everyone is getting engaged/married etc etc. and THEN in the most condescending tone ever she told me to stop fretting because my time will come. I wasn’t fretting BUT I AM NOW. Ugh
- My roomie and I are attempting to cook our first ever from scratch curry tonight. I hope it’s delicious cause I’m so excited.
Enthusiastic about running, teaching, crossfit, knitting, napping and baking. Sometimes even in that order. Currently recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery.
If you know me in real life, please message me.