Hello team. Happy Tuesday!
- I seriously wish it was Friday right now. I am so freaking buggered.
- I’m buggered because today was my school’s fun run day! I’ve been organising this day for months and it finally arrived and went off so incredibly well. Coaches turned up on time. Students were transported. No one had massive meltdowns or medical emergencies and most importantly everyone had fun. Goal achieved.
- I didn’t sit down between 7am and 2.30pm. At all. No bottom to chair at all. Exhausting!! I’d reached my daily steps by 9am. Insane in the membrane.
- as stressful as it is I actually love event organising!
- but it’s almost 8 and bed is calling my name so hardcore.
- my shoulder still really hurts. I’m seeing my Physio about it tomorrow. Wish me luck. I don’t have space for another injury in my life.
- fun run coordinator superstar out.
Seriously this day. I want a do over.
I somehow hurt my shoulder doing overhead work at the gym last night. It was a bit sore this morning but has got progressively worse all day. Luckily I was seeing my Physio for knee treatment and a Pilates class tonight so she looked at it for me. Sadly the injury is still so recent and acute that it is far too tender still and any treatment she attempted actually made my mobility worse and my pain more because I’m in that much pain. So that sucks. Absolutely no upper body weights for a week and so for those keeping track at home combined with my limitations coming from knee surgery I can now do approximately 1 exercise in the gym. The worst. And we haven’t even talked about how before 8am this morning I had accidentally emptied the contents of my wallet on the coffee shop floor, tripped over my own feet three times and walked straight into two closed doors without even thinking of opening them. Thank you world for making tomorrow Friday.
- I feel like it’s been way too long since we’ve chatted.
- 25 minutes of treadmill running tonight! My chest has still not recovered completely from the cold of doom a couple of weeks ago and breathing while running is kind of super hard.
- I got new running tights and they are great. About time I found a good pair. Running tights these days just aren’t what they used to be.
- I miss my half marathon running body. I know I’ll get back to it eventually but I miss it so much. Like leg muscles come back please and stomach fat be gone
- I’ve made some pretty massive career decisions and moves in the last two weeks. I don’t want to say specifics because clearly that would jinx it but it’s exciting. And I’m equally excited and completely fucking terrified of the future. Big news to come.
- we were practicing writing “I like…” sentences in class today and a kid suggested that the sentence I could say is “I like to run.” Nawwww kiddlywinks you know me so well
- speaking of running and school. Our school fun run which I am co-organising is happening in exactly a week. Hello stress. But we got the medals in today and they are so brilliant I want to cry.
- speaking of crying. So many people I know are engaged and getting married and I am so happy for them that I spontaneously burst into tears when I am around them. CONTROL YOURSELF.
- today on assembly one of my students who wouldn’t talk to even me at the start of the year grabbed the microphone off me and talked to the whole school. That right there is why I do what I do.
- guys how good are burritos!!? Seriously.
I lost my old fitbit, I lost my receipt for my fitbit, I lost the box for my fitbit. And fitbit sent me a replacement free of charge from the kindness of their hearts. I even got to choose a new colour. A+ customer service!!
I did the above workout in 34 minutes and it was so hard. So hard!!!!! Done in three rounds with changing reps for each round. I did it with my PT and two other gym buddies and it just made me so happy that I have exercise friends! Then we went out for sushi and I was even more happy. It took me a good hour to stop dying in a puddle of my own sweat. Knock on wood but I think I am now basically over my cold of doom. Got told my butt was looking good twice tonight. Not even creepy. Thanks running. Life is good this week.
Happy Monday! This week is going to be great. This week is going to be great. This week is going to be great. If I repeat it enough times it just has to be true. I am feeling massive amounts of muscle pain from my workouts on Saturday and Sunday and that makes me so bloody happy. Since being sick my life has really been missing this. I’m hoping that being able to exercise again will lift the bad mood cloud that has been surrounding me. I’m pretty devastated in not still in bed. It’s mega windy and freezing. But at least I have great hair, right?! Right. Market trip yesterday means I have beautiful fruit and veggie to snack on today. Positive life choices today will include not buying any chocolates from the staff room fridge. Baby steps. Good chat.
Enthusiastic about running, teaching, crossfit, knitting, napping and baking. Sometimes even in that order. Currently recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery.
If you know me in real life, please message me.